[squid-dev] To make squid works in snap world.

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Mar 16 23:40:15 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 05:30 PM, Gary Wang wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> On 03/15/2017 11:03 AM, Gary Wang wrote:
>>>        In snap world, only the following name pattern is allowed
>>>             /dev/shm/sem.snap.@{SNAP_NAME}.*
>>>        not
>>>             /dev/shm/snap.@{SNAP_NAME}.*

>> That statement, if
>> true, sounds like a snap bug, but, fortunately, it has no significant
>> effect on the proposed argument sketch.

>    A: It's not a snap bug, actaully.
>       It's been confirmed and verified that only the following name
>       pattern is allowed in snap world.
>        /dev/shm/sem.snap.@{SNAP_NAME}.*

How is "forcing an application that does not utilize semaphores to use
sem.* as a filename prefix" is not a bug is beyond me, but this snap
issue classification (bug, feature, problem, whatever) is not important
for Squid. Once you make the filename prefix configurable, any prefix
would work, including the weird one that snap apparently insists on.