[squid-dev] src/forward.h

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jun 19 22:59:31 UTC 2017

> revno: 15212
> committer: Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
> branch nick: 5
> timestamp: Tue 2017-06-20 01:53:03 +1200
> message:
>   Fix build errors with automake after rev.15194
>
>   We cannot name files in src/ the same as files in sub-directories due to
>   certain automake still implicitly using -I. for search paths.

Aggregating frequently used forward declarations for src/ code is a good
idea IMO. If we cannot use a src/forward.h name, then we should use
another name to implement that idea (rather than to kill the idea
itself). I can suggest:

1. src/fwd.h (sufficient but should not be replicated to other dirs)
2. src/forward_.h (emphasizes that we are working around a problem)
3. src/src_fwd.h (lowers the chance of replication in other dirs)

I suggest #1, but it is not a strong preference. Any string preferences,
objections, or better ideas?