[squid-dev] SMP scaling in no_daemon mode?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jun 9 13:23:11 UTC 2017

On 10/06/17 00:28, Andreas Weigel wrote:
> Short update:
>
> patch for squid4-branch applies seamlessly to squid5-branch also. I
> checked the behavior and so far as I can tell, it is identical to the
> one observed for the patched squid4.
>
> Should I create a "Pull Request" (or the bazaar equivalent) on
> launchpad for these branches?

Unified diff or bzr merge request would be best at present.
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/MergeProcedure>

> I will also check if anything sensible can be done with squid3.5, but
> probably it is better to just leave it the way it is and apply a
> custom patch to our version with the "works for me"-kind of changes
> I've done already until we upgrade to squid4.

Probably. Since 3.5 is in stable it is quite limited in the types of
things I'm accepting ports for. Changing the -N behaviour is not one of
those due to the fragile net of things people have depending on it. In
fact I am rather hoping to remove -N when the --foreground works and
people move to that.