[squid-dev] Build farm updaes?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sun Jul 23 22:04:24 UTC 2017

On 07/23/2017 10:21 AM, Kinkie wrote:

> is it worth investing time in freshening up the current build farm
> setup or is preferable to abandon it altogether in favor of a newly
> built one?

I would be surprised if we should abandon the current build farm as a
whole, but perhaps you have some reason to believe it should be done?

Please coordinate with Eduard on this. My short-term expectation is that
the old build farm nodes will remain 95+% the same while the Jenkin's
configuration will change to integrate with Github. I am worried that if
both of you modify things independently, it would be difficult to bring
everything back under one roof.

> If the former, I can start investing some time in that, removing
> obsolete nodes and adding newer ones, etc.

Removing obsolete/broken nodes is fine, I guess. See above regarding
adding new ones.