[squid-dev] [RFC] Disable Github issue tracker

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jul 21 16:37:48 UTC 2017

On 07/21/2017 10:15 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Alex would you like to draw up a formal announcement email to go out to
> people not on squid-dev about the change having been done?
>  I'm thinking squid-announce/squid-users and the blog.

I can, but I do not recommend announcing anything and posting README.md
until we decide on the Github Issues status. Both of those documents
(and user actions) would be affected by this important migration-related
decision.

So far, only three people voiced their opinions:

  + For immediate Issues closure:     Amos, Alex.
  - Against immediate Issues closure: Eliezer.

While the current tally is technically enough for me to put my foot down
and disable Github Issues, it would be nice to have at least one more
supporting opinion for a more meaningful "consensus" declaration.