[squid-dev] [RFC] Disable Github issue tracker

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jul 19 04:41:02 UTC 2017

On 07/18/2017 09:26 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 19/07/17 09:22, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>>      With Squid official repository now at Github, a lot more folks will
>> be tempted to report bugs and file feature requests there. I propose to
>> remove that functionality from the Github interface (for now). Any
>> objections or better ideas?

> Sounds good to me.

> I suspect the issues from Nov/Dec last year have duplicate discussions
> either in squid-users or bugzilla - but that would be worth checking up
> with the submitters before the github issues are lost.

Done. There are two open DevOps issues remaining. I will disable the
interface once those issues are closed. I will try to export/archive the
closed issues before disabling the interface.

> There are maintainer workflow scripts still todo, but before going to
> the trouble I'm considering whether that workflow still makes any sense
> - it was designed for CVS, and adapted to bzr in absence of good bzr
> tooling. If anyone knows of some good branch management tools for git
> I'm interested.

I wish I could help, but I do not really know what the old tools did,
and do not have enough git expertise to advice on such general topics as
"good branch management tools for git". If nobody answers here, consider
enumerating the primary needs in general terms. Such a list would make
it easier to solicit external advice.

P.S. Congratulations on the first PR merge via Github!