[squid-dev] Bzr to git migration schedule

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jul 17 10:20:25 UTC 2017

On 17/07/17 06:14, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>> Assuming the way you locked it was to require PR review, it seems to
>> be working:
>

> Well, the PR requirement was intentional while the review requirement
> was a surprise side effect.
>
> I actually like that side effect! Since we will switch to PR-only commit
> path (for master) as soon as Eduard's CI integration is ready, I suggest
> that we keep the current review-required setup to practice. We can
> always undo/relax it if we discover problems, and it is better to
> discover as much of them as possible _now_, in a simplified environment
> without CI.
>
> Do you think testing the PR review requirement before CI is ready is a
> good idea?

I'm not sure what the problem you hint at might be, but testing to find
out is definitely a good idea whatever it is.

I was envisioning the CI to be an extra pre-commit test done in parallel
with manual review so CI results are just treated in our process as an
automatic reviewer vote for/against commit - not as automatic acceptance
of all PR changes into master.