[squid-dev] Bzr to git migration schedule

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Jul 16 12:40:10 UTC 2017

On 16/07/17 22:27, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 16/07/17 16:43, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> On 07/11/2017 10:20 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>>
>>>    2017-07-11: No more new tags in the official bzr repo.
>>>    2017-07-13: No more new commits(*) in the official bzr repo.
>>>    2017-07-14: Migration starts.
>>>    2017-07-15: Anticipated optimistic migration end.
>>>    2017-07-18: Anticipated pessimistic migration end.
>>>
>>> All times are noon UTC.
>>
>> The migration steps are done. According to the automated tests, all bzr
>> and git commits match (except for bzr commits containing empty
>> directories, as expected). However, I suggest _not_ declaring the
>> migration over yet and keeping both the old bzr and the new git
>> repository intact for 24 hours in case somebody notices problems with
>> the new official git repository at
>>
>>      https://github.com/squid-cache/squid
>>
>> and we need to fix and force-push something. I tried to "lock" the
>> official repository on Github to prevent commits (without pull
>> requests), but I have not tested whether that lock was successful.
>>

> The first script to be updated to git is mksnapshot.sh in the repository.
>
> I have it working now locally, so will test the lock by trying to commit
> and push it.

Assuming the way you locked it was to require PR review, it seems to be
working:

$ git push
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 795 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 4 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (3/3), completed with 3 local objects.
remote: error: GH006: Protected branch update failed for refs/heads/master.
remote: error: At least one approved review is required by reviewers
with write access.
To github.com:squid-cache/squid.git
  ! [remote rejected]     master -> master (protected branch hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at github.com:squid-cache/squid.git'

Submitted as PR #24 to test that process now.