[squid-dev] Bzr to git migration schedule

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sun Jul 16 04:43:27 UTC 2017

On 07/11/2017 10:20 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>   2017-07-11: No more new tags in the official bzr repo.
>   2017-07-13: No more new commits(*) in the official bzr repo.
>   2017-07-14: Migration starts.
>   2017-07-15: Anticipated optimistic migration end.
>   2017-07-18: Anticipated pessimistic migration end.
>
> All times are noon UTC.

The migration steps are done. According to the automated tests, all bzr
and git commits match (except for bzr commits containing empty
directories, as expected). However, I suggest _not_ declaring the
migration over yet and keeping both the old bzr and the new git
repository intact for 24 hours in case somebody notices problems with
the new official git repository at

    https://github.com/squid-cache/squid

and we need to fix and force-push something. I tried to "lock" the
official repository on Github to prevent commits (without pull
requests), but I have not tested whether that lock was successful.

N.B. If, after cloning the official repository, you would like to see
the old bzr revision numbers, --fixes URLs, and co-author metadata in
your git repository, you will need to fetch annotations (git will not
fetch them for you by default):

    git fetch origin refs/notes/commits:refs/notes/commits

HTH,