[squid-dev] [PATH] Convert the URL::parse method API to take const URI strings

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Jul 8 22:21:31 UTC 2017

On 07/08/2017 10:36 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> The input buffer is no longer truncated when overly long. All callers
> have been checked that they handle the bool false return value in ways
> that do not rely on that truncation.

That is a useful change, thank you. I cannot check whether any callers
need truncation, but your confidence ought to be enough in this case.

> === modified file 'src/store_digest.cc'

> +    char *url = internalLocalUri("/squid-internal-periodic/", SBuf(StoreDigestFileName));

If possible, please make "*url" constant.

> === modified file 'src/urn.cc'
> -        debugs(52, 3, "urnStart: Bad uri-res URL " << urlres);
> +    if (!urlres_r) {
> +        debugs(52, 3, "uri-res URL " << local_urlres);

Please restore the "bad" qualifier in the debugging message.

These are all minor polishing touches that do not require another round
of reviews, of course.