[squid-dev] RFP: ssl-bump support for upstream proxy in transparent mode

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Jul 1 16:08:55 UTC 2017

On 06/30/2017 10:07 PM, Alexandr wrote:
> В Пт, 30/06/2017 в 11:52 -0600, Alex Rousskov пишет:
>> Measurement Factory can add basic upstream proxy support for SslBump in
>> Squid v5. That support will match existing upstream proxy support in
>> Squid but will be applied to from-Squid connections subject to modern
>> SslBump rules. My ballpark estimate for non-rushed delivery is $1400
>> USD and 60 calendar days starting from the purchase order acceptance.

> i need it not really urgently. (it's ok to be implemented in
> longer than 60 days)

We can give a 10% discount if you are willing to wait 90 days. I know
that is not enough, but your scheduling flexibility may help you find
co-sponsors.

> about price, as developer myself i understand what price is not big,
> but for me alone it's to high, i can cover it partially.

Understood. Perhaps you will be able to find co-sponsors. Please feel
free to ask on the squid-users mailing list. We can deal with several
paying parties as long as they are all represented by a single person as
far as acceptance testing is concerned (to keep management overheads
reasonable). You can be that person.

> i also thought what i am not only one who will pay for this.

I am sure many need this feature -- there is a small but persistent
stream of questions about it on squid-users. The trick is to organize
them and pull their resources together. Unfortunately, there is no
ready-to-use "marketplace" automation within the Squid project, so
somebody has to do the legwork necessary to find and connect multiple
co-sponsors with a capable developer.

If you do not get better offers from your squid-dev posting, you can
also try UpWork and other sources of cheap labor, but please note that
the required modifications are far from trivial and the surrounding code
is very difficult to work with. Developers without significant Squid
experience are likely to fail and/or their work may not be of high
enough quality to be officially accepted.

Good luck,