[squid-dev] Problems about Squid documentation/configuration

Rallph raphael.derensy at viacesi.fr
Tue Feb 21 14:04:37 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am actually working on a URL filter that works with Squid and his
url_rewrite_program.
I haven't installed SquidGuard or UFDBGuard either on my Debian 8.6 with
Squid 3.5 (from sources).

The problem is : I can't find why must my program return to Squid, this page
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/PhpRedirectors#PHP_Redirect_.28Simple.29
say that the output is "302:http://example.com/\n" ...
But when you look at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#HTTP_Redirection it says
that the output must be something like "0 OK status=302
url=http://example.com/\n 302:http://example.com/\n" and it doesn't work.
I've tried "0 OK status=302 url=http://example.com/\n" but Squid tells me
"ERROR: URL rewrite helper returned invalid result code. Wrong Helper?
{result=Unknown}" and I can not find something to fix it.

Also, sometimes, Squid tell me "ERROR: The redirector helpers are crashing
too rapidly, need help!" and I can't find out what is the problem since my
url_rewrite_program works perfectly when I launch it by myself.

Furthemore I have a warning: "Too few redirector processes are running
(2/64)" I guess this is because I set 64 to the url_rewrite_children in the
squid.conf but I don't understand why am I getting this warning.

Thank you :)