[squid-dev] Compiling from repository checkout

mika ristimaki mika.ristimaki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 07:34:36 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I noticed that the source code distributions (http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/) and the repository (https://github.com/squid-cache/squid) differ in a sense that the tar.gz packages include the configure script and Makefiles.

I am trying to replicate it, and I it looks to me that the configure scripts, etc., are created by running ./bootstrap.sh. But looking at the bootstrap.sh it has this

# On MAC OS X, GNU libtool is named 'glibtool':
if [ `uname -s 2>/dev/null` = 'Darwin' ]
then
  LIBTOOL_BIN="glibtool"
else
  LIBTOOL_BIN="libtool”
fi

So it is platform dependant.

So my question is how platform independent configure scripts are created if bootstrap.sh is platform dependant? Or what I am missing here?

-Mika

P.S. Sorry if this is a duplicate but it seems like the first one didn’t go through