[squid-dev] [RFC] CRUSH peer selection method

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Apr 19 16:32:37 UTC 2017

[with maintainers hat on]

So your measurements are showing some slight differences, but not enough
to make us immediately want to take it on. It also seems the use-case is
not immediately clear and that implies we wont have much hope of
community members jumping on it as a must-have and testing it for us.

You are always welcome to code it up yourself or to sponsor someone to
do it.

Given the low-interest situation, I also request that whomever
implements it be able to stick around and help with support (eg. bug
fixes) for at least the first release series it gets published in. That
usually means about 1 year, but with the present Squid-4 situation it
may be a bit longer.