[squid-dev] [RFC] nullptr conversion (again)

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Apr 12 15:53:51 UTC 2017

I have been thinking of this again and think I have come up with a way
to make some better progress.

The idea is to split the NULL -> nullptr changes into two groups:

1) those lines where sed s/nullptr/NULL/g can be used to reverse the
change completely in backports to 3.x

2) everything else. Some refactor is needed so that can stay with the
current as-touched policy.

I propose to go through and do the #1 set of changes in a big patch.

Note that lines which contains a mix of the two types of change come
under #2, not #1. So would not be touched.

Forward-porting of code will still have some merge related pain. But
backports will not have any added by this.

Can we agree that is a doable and acceptible way forward?