[squid-dev] [RFC] VISIO Diagrams assistant for the wiki.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Sep 30 04:09:32 UTC 2016

On 28/09/2016 11:20 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> I got funds from my static work place for Visio and I am thinking about
> Illustrating couple Diagrams for the Wiki.
> I am looking for some guidance finding the right Diagrams.
> Maybe I will find someone to help me with couple common symbols which can be
> donated to the project.
>
> Please comment  to the initiative about how and in what it can help.

Thanks Eliezer,

Anything you can do to improve the docs is very welcome. Simplicity is
the key thing needed with diagrams. I've started a few on the
ConfigExamples LinuxRedirect or features CacheHierarchy pages you can
use as style examples for consistency.

The icons I've tried to use are the classical networking set from Cisco
- Viso should already have those. Most admins should already be familiar
with that, or at least its fairly obvious to tell things apart for those
who don't.

With the small Squid logo icon (taken from the official Artwork images)
to represent the Squid program inside a particular machine.

The thing to watch out for with any icons you choose is whether they
have a proprietary license. I've preferred to use DiaGraph so far since
it only comes with free icons. But does not quite match Visio abilities.