[squid-dev] [RFC] dns_wait_for_all

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Sep 15 09:50:43 UTC 2016

On 15/09/2016 5:11 p.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 09/14/2016 07:26 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 15/09/2016 8:15 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
>>> Any better ideas or objections to adding dns_wait_for_all?
>

>> In principle okay. However, I was intending to redesign the object we
>> store DNS RR results in to achieve this is a more useful way.
>
> If you are talking about Comm::ConnectionList/serverDestinations, then
> that object will have to be redesigned to support this proposal, of
> course. The object would also have to be safely shared across FwdState,
> peer selection code, and DNS code for the proposed feature to work.

I mean Dns::LookupDetails, ipcache_addrs and rfc1035_rr.
The serverDestinations not changing (yet).

Something like:

* ipcache_addrs::in_addrs becomes a list of rfc1035_rr instead of array
if IP address. (or an equivalent type storing the same details in easier
to access type than 'rdata' uses).

* ipcache_addrs::bad_mask moved into rfc1035_rr for a mask on the
records in each RR separately.

* ipcache_addrs merged into Dns::LookupDetails.