[squid-dev] Sad performance trend

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Sep 12 15:38:03 UTC 2016

On 7/09/2016 5:43 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 09/06/2016 08:27 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 27/08/2016 12:32 p.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
>>>         W1  W2  W3  W4  W5  W6
>>>   v3.1  32% 38% 16% 48% 16+ 9%
>>>   v3.3  23% 31% 14% 42% 15% 8%
>>>   v3.5  11% 16% 12% 36%  7% 6%
>>>   v4.0  11% 15%  9% 30% 14% 5%
>
>> That trend goes all the way back to at least 2.6. Which is a bit weird,
>> since it contradicts the total request-per-second capacity we have been
>> watching in polygraph results.
>
> I do not know what you mean by "total request-per-second capacity", but
> I most likely have not been watching it. Is there a historical results
> table for that measure that I can study?

I don't sorry. The data except the last test run has expired from the
polygraph build node history.

Since the test was a bit unreliable I ran it freshly against each branch
that would build when I wanted to check progress.
The last test run can be found in parserng-polygraph if you want to dig
into the logs for other measures.

branch    : Mean RPS
parserng  : 1927.84
squid-3.2 : 1933.98
squid-3.3 : 1932.81
squid-3.4 : 1931.12
squid-3.5 : 1926.13

The fluctuation / error bars seemed to be about 1 RPS for that polygraph
workload. So it looks like almost holding steady by that measure.