[squid-dev] [RFC] support Cache-Control:immutable

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Oct 28 08:48:58 UTC 2016

On 27/10/2016 5:14 p.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 10/26/2016 05:45 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> This new cache control extension being proposed by Mozilla looks like it
>> will be quite useful to us as well as browsers.
>>
>> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcmanus-immutable-00>
>>
>> I would like to jump in this early and make Squid-4 be one of the first
>> implementations once the middleware caching details are little bit more
>> clear. I've already begun discussions to that end in the IETF WG.
>
> I am puzzled why you request comments on this issue. Are there any
> hidden negative side effects of supporting this extension? Some trade
> offs that we should be discussing/considering?

I thought someone else might be interested and/or have comments on doing it.

After our brief talk on IRC I have now applied the initial patch for
this which just enables the override-reload equivalent part of its
behaviour.

The slightly more complicated conditional request logic changes will
come later.