[squid-dev] Template methods inside normal classes

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Oct 18 16:39:44 UTC 2016

On 10/18/2016 09:52 AM, Christos Tsantilas wrote:

> Is it valid to use template methods inside normal classes for squid?

Yes (until we learn that some compilers choke on them). IIRC, I even had
some patches that use them but perhaps they have not been posted or
committed yet. Needless to say, their use must be justified (but that is
true for virtually any code).

> I know they are working, I am just asking if it is acceptable by squid
> policy.

Everything useful that is not prohibited is allowed :-).

When the patch with member templates is posted for review, the reviewers
will evaluate your decision to use them. There is no need to secure
their acceptance in advance by hand waiving about hypothetical needs IMO.

HTH,