[squid-dev] bzr -> git?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Oct 17 02:36:55 UTC 2016

On 10/16/2016 06:36 PM, Kinkie wrote:

>   I'm currently trying to use recent advancements in Jenkins to
> improve our QA via gated commits to trunk.
>   This raises (again) the issue of bazaar versus git. Remaining on
> bazaar is getting more and more painful, as tools such as jenkins
> focus on git. Asm an example, jenkins pipelines only support git.
>      This topic was already touched in the past, and IIRC the output
> was "we'll do it, but not now". Can we reevaluate when "now" might be?

IMHO, if the git migration is done right, it can be done now.

However, doing it right most likely requires a lot more than posting a
couple of mailing list messages and running a conversion script. AFAIK,
nobody who can lead this has the cycles to do it now. This is one of the
reasons I have proposed paying a QA Engineer to do it well (it could
become a part of Pilot-1 that you are reviewing on board@).

Cheers,