[squid-dev] g++ 4.8.x and std::regex problems

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 29 18:22:25 UTC 2016

On 29/11/2016 4:40 p.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 11/28/2016 07:29 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> GCC 4.8 is not capable of building correctly operating Squid-4
>
> You have said that before, but in all such cases that I remember, the
> reality was actually different. I do not know if something has changed
> in v4 within the past month or so [but any such change should have been
> discussed too].
>
> Alex.

Coverity identifies 6 uninitialized objects and 4 memory leaks in the
STL templates when GCC 4.8 builds Squid-4.

We do have workarounds now for the missing libatomic and lambda
functionality.

There was something about the libc implementation of std::random as
well, but I've forgotten the specific details on that one (randomness
source not being exactly random?).