[squid-dev] [RFC] client header mangling

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jun 7 11:09:49 UTC 2016

I've been looking at ways to resolve the long Vary discussion going on
in squid-users with a patch that we can accept into mainline. What they
(joe and Yuri) have at present works, but only with extra
request_header_replace config preventing integrity problems.

One way to make useful progress would be to finally add the recurring
request for request_header_access/replace to work on client messages in
a pre-cache doCallouts hook rather than only a post-cache hook.

I am imagining this being done on the adapted request headers after
ICAP, eCAP and URL-rewrite have all done their things. And using the
same request_header_* directive ACL lists as for outbound traffic.

Any alternative ideas or objections?