[squid-dev] HTTP meetup in Stockholm

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jul 11 20:05:19 UTC 2016

On 07/10/2016 04:33 AM, Kinkie wrote:
> at the end of the month I will attend the HTTP meetup in Stockholm.
> Besides having a chance to see Henrik, I'd like to collect your feedback
> and opinions on the topic that are likely to be touched.
>
> Currently there is rather hot discussion on the mailing list on the
> topics of JSON headers
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-jfv-01), secondary
> certificate authentication
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-01),
> cache digests
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest-00). Other
> topics of discussion have tapered off.
> What is the project's position I should bring to the table, if requested?

You are asking for a Project position on complex, new, and actively
changing issues when we cannot agree on simple things like removing
unused broken code and hardly have enough time to fix major bugs...

If you have carefully researched those HTTP Working Group issues, then I
am sure your personal position would be almost as valuable as the
official Project position (and please post your summary here!). If you
have not researched them, then just say "we will do whatever Google
forces us to do" whenever asked :-).

Envious Alex.