[squid-dev] Care and feeding of ConnStateData

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jul 9 02:20:19 UTC 2016

On 9/07/2016 6:19 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 07/07/2016 04:16 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>>
>> I certainly regret that you think anything at all of the current logic
>> should be retained in ConnStateData.
>
> I do not think that. There are known/marked HTTP- and FTP-specific
> pieces in ConnStateData that should be moved. There are a couple of BB2
> pieces as well. And other stuff, I am sure (this is not a comprehensive
> list).

I have made a comprehensive list of the parts which need to stay, the
remainder need to go...

>> Whichever way we go what the ::Server needs is:
>
> ... Snipped to avoid discussing complex design issues irrelevant for
> this thread. I agree with some of the items you listed, but not
> necessarily all of it, and there may be missing items...

If you are going to throw away the technical details about what needs to
stay and what needs to go. Then we have reached a deadlock again.

We are planning how to go from a tangled ConnStateData to a clean and
documented ::Server. It is very important that we know and agree on what
the goal looks like before we try arguing approaches to get there.