[squid-dev] [RFC] V6 connectivity testing and dns_v4_first auto setter bash script.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Jan 29 05:54:19 UTC 2016

I wrote a tiny bash script that I will later push into the CentOS RPMs
and was wondering about pushing it into the squid sources.
The source at: http://paste.ngtech.co.il/pxizenek2

It was written for linux but can be modified for FreeBSD and other *NIX
OS's.
Checks for IPV6 resolution and connectivity(ping6) and changes
squid.conf dns_v4_first to or or off.
My idea was to run it every time before squid starts\restarts.

What do you think about the idea of testing ipv6 connectivity in general
before starting squid and about automatically change squid.conf?

Thanks,
Eliezer