[squid-dev] Fix external_acl problems

Christos Tsantilas christos at chtsanti.net
Thu Jan 28 19:10:11 UTC 2016

Hi all,

After the patch r14351 created the following problems:
  - external_acl requires AccessLogEntry but ALE is not available
    in many cases such as ssl_bump ACLs.
  - The %<cert_subject stopped working because it was supported by
    external_acl code and not by logformat code.

This patch:
   - Passes AccessLogEntry in most cases.
     For example, PeerConnector-related classes are now covered.
   - Implements the %<cert_subject formating code for logformat.

Still there are cases which are not handled correctly:
   - In the case of transparent SSL bumping, the patch uses a local
AccessLogEntry to allow external_acl work with the ssl_bump access list.

  - The slow acls inside Ssl::PeerConnector can not support external_acl
in the case of PeerPoolMgr

   - Most of the fast acls does not support ALE based acls. I know that
currently the only ALE based acl is the external_acl, which is slow acl,
but my opinion is that it is not bad idea  to support cases the
external_acl result is stored in cache.

   - Also we need to check and review if the informations passed with
the ALE is the same passed using the FilledChecklist object. This is not
obvious.

This is a Measurement Factory project.