[squid-dev] testRock still not working on macOS

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Feb 15 00:36:17 UTC 2016

On 02/14/2016 02:39 AM, Kinkie wrote:
> Hi all,
>    the latest work done on Shm to make it work on MacOS seems to be
> working, however it is not still possible to do unit tests, because
> the anchors IPC segment created by testRock has too long a filename
> (it's "/squid-testRock_Store_map_anchors.shm").
>
> Could we maybe work on shortening the shm segments names
> (e.g. reducing Store_map to "sm" or getting rid of the underscores)?

No objection to either, but if name length limit is the problem to
solve, then it would be good to shorten names automatically rather than
manually. IIRC, there is already name mangling code. That code can be
enhanced to shorten all names using some reasonable algorithm while the
user code continues to use long, meaningful, "hierarchical", etc. names.

HTH,