[squid-dev] Learning from others on "bumping ssl'

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Dec 10 19:20:54 UTC 2016

In the past Francesco mentioned that we need to learn from others and on his
example it was on memory management from Varnish.
This time I want to bring to the table RedWood:
https://github.com/andybalholm/redwood/

Which is a tiny proxy which was started as an ICAP service but turned out to
a full fledged proxy written in GoLang.
I compared it to squid and in terms of speed in some cases squid is faster
but when taking stability and reliability I have seen that RedWood is
handling websockets pretty nice and we might be able to learn a bit or two
from it.
 And since it's a live mailing list I want to add something from my table to
others:
http://ngtech.co.il/music-en/2016/09/14/follow-me-progressive-trance-mix-201
5/

The RedWood was working for a whole hour with ssl-bump for everything and it
worked great with the clients:
-	Windows IE, FireFox, Chrome, Yandex
-	Android Firefox, Chrome Yandex, other apps

Enjoy the music(if you like it..)

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru <http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/>