[squid-dev] default SSL client and server methods

Tsantilas Christos chtsanti at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 10 17:04:22 UTC 2015

Hi all,

   starting from Stuart Henderson mail about libreSSL I saw that in
current squid trunk (but not squid-3.5), for many Linux OS systems we
are always using SSLv23 as default method while connecting to server or
connecting to clients, without giving an other alternate to the users..

The problem I am seeing is that we are using the TLS_server_method() and
TLS_client_method() which are available only in openSSL-1.1.0 and later.
But many OSes still using older openSSL libraries, so the users for
these systems are forced to use SSLv23 method without any other alternate.