[squid-dev] RFC Squid-4/5 branching

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sun Sep 6 19:31:20 UTC 2015

On 09/05/2015 01:39 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> This cycle we have been fortunate enough not to have a long list of
> trunk bugs needing fixes.

>From my point of view, this cycle is one of the worst I have seen. We
have spent so much time triaging and fixing v3.5/trunk bugs that had
almost no resources left for new features and improvements planned for
v4.0 (including but not limited to bug #7 fix and cache performance
work). This may partially explain why the "new features" list for v4.0
on wiki does not have much to brag about.

Glad your experience was different!

> So what new-feature projects do people have underway that they really,
> really want to see included in Squid-4 and think thay can get done in
> that kind of timeline?

I need to port the already posted HTTP request line parser to trunk,
adjusting its character sets as agreed. Factory also has about a dozen
almost-ready fixes and improvements that should probably be in v4.0, but
you can port them as they get polished and posted.

> My list to kick things off is:
>
> * Parser-NG ICAP conversions - ETA now

FWIW, I had no time to look at it, but hope to do that within two-three
days.