[squid-dev] Possible mistake in src/peer_digest.cc

aymericvincent at free.fr aymericvincent at free.fr
Thu Oct 22 13:55:02 UTC 2015

Hi again,

while grepping around to understand the potential implications of my previous patch, I stumbled upon a piece of code in src/peer_digest.cc which seems incorrect to me.

login=NEGOTIATE can have an additional parameter specified, like login=NEGOTIATE:xxx

One test does not take this case into account and it will probably send a garbage "login:password" (== "NEGOTIATE:xxx") to its peer when requesting a digest. The following patch fixes this but it is untested and requires a review from someone who understands the precise consequences of that piece of code.

Best regards,
 Aymeric