[squid-dev] squid 3.4.14, compile without ESI

Kinkie gkinkie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 13:12:34 UTC 2015

Hi Massimo,
   what arguments are you using for ./configure?

$ ./configure --help|fgrep -i esi
 --enable-esi            Enable ESI for accelerators. Benefits from expat or
                         libxml2. Enabling ESI will cause squid reverse
                         proxies to be capable of the Edge Acceleration
                         Specification (www.esi.org).

ESI should be off by default. If it isn't, --disable-esi will force that.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM,  <Massimo.Sala at asl.bergamo.it> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wish a basic Squid daemon listening on port 3128 ( not transparent ),
> without external helpers and fancy features.
>
> I tried the attached configure options, but make bails out :
> squid-3.4.14/src/client_side_reply.cc:2013: undefined reference to
> `esiEnableProcessing(HttpReply*)
>
> Please, how can I disable ESI ?
>
> [ environment : debian 8.2, linux 3.16 64 bit ]
>
> best regards, Massimo

    Francesco