[squid-dev] Greetings to everyone!

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Nov 21 02:24:52 UTC 2015

On 20/11/2015 2:59 a.m., Tarik Demirci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a 24 years old developer from Turkey.  I work as a Software
> Developer in the R&D department of a company providing network
> security solutions.
>
> I'm interested in developing websocket support for Squid. In the
> future, I may contribute in icap and ssl peek-n-splice related areas.
>
> Best regards

Greetings Tarik,  Welcome.

Please feel free to post any questions on the dev mailing list. Or if
you need quicker feedback, some of us try to hang out on IRC Freenode in
the #squiddev channel.

If you were not aware of it already,
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/DeveloperResources> contains links to most
of the Squid Projects developer information. Particular ones of note are
the coding guidelines and merge procedure (when you have a patch to go in).

You may already have noticed that Squid currently has almost no support
for the HTTP Upgrade: mechanism which is a WS requirement. I have some
ongoing experiments and refactoring plans for adding it as part of the
HTTP/2 project. If you do anything in that area it would be good to
collaborate before coding.

The TLS ALPN functionality needed by WSS is also similarly absent or
minimal.

Since remotely-triggered blind relays are quite security sensitive
please do discuss exactly what behaviour you intend to make Squid
perform on this mailing list for review before coding.

Wecome to the dev team.

Amos Jeffries