[squid-dev] [PATCH] Store API changes blocking bug #7
squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Nov 18 08:03:24 UTC 2015
On 18/11/2015 7:31 p.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> This first step towards bug #7 fix focuses on fixing several Store
> API problems and polishing Store code. Many Store problems remain to be
> solved, but this is a significant step forward IMO, even though no
> functionality changes were intended during this step. The next steps
> will address bug #7 itself.
Thank you. Audit below. Since I'm still not completely familiar with
Store I've not tried to do any deep analysis. It does appear to be
largely cosmetic though.
* in src/fs/ufs/UFSSwapDir.h and src/tests/TestSwapDir.h (at least) you
have one class with a mix of override/non-override virtuals.
- Kinkie and I have found the hard way earlier that some compilers
error if only some virtual methods in a class heirarchy are marked with
it. It is an all-or-nothing per-heirarchy situation with that keyword.
- please coose whether to use it or not, and update appropriately
before this goes in.
* I seem to recall a fair amount of trouble over the local vs non-local
vs unused/dead objects situation on a per-object basis rather than
per-store. That was behind wantsLocalMemory parameter to
Store::Controller::dereferenceIdle() which is being removed from some of
- is that a fixed problem now?
* in src/store/Disks.cc please take advantage of the move to doxygen
commen (\**) the functions that have prefix documentation already.
* in src/tests/stub_store_search.cc please use nullptr
- also since the stub is for StoreSearch.cc it should be named
+1 provided the override issue is fixed. Though I don't think that will
need another audit.
More information about the squid-dev