[squid-dev] I need a small help with an ICAP issue.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sun Mar 8 16:42:46 UTC 2015

Hey Dev-list,

I need your help.

I wrote an ICAP service in golang for testing purposes and I am
encountering an issue.
After trying couple ICAP libs on different languages I found the the
golang ICAP server implementation seems very good to me.
I have tested the ICAP service in different situations to make sure the
service is stable enough but encountered an issue which I am unsure about.

The first issue I have seen is a premature answer of the ICAP service
while the ICAP request is still being sent(POST with body) which I kind
of understood why it happens and for now I just skipped on it.
The second issue is with a full body being retrieved by the ICAP server
and a corresponding 204 response.

Before I am trying to understand the internals of the golang ICAP
service implementation and fix what might not be broken I have two
wireshark captures at:
http://ngtech.co.il/icap/attachments/

With every short POST request the service works fine but long ones such
as in the example captures squid returns to the request a 500 internal
server error and with the header X-Squid-Error:  "ERR_ICAP_FAILURE 0".

I can try to reproduce it using some script but I want to understand
what might squid see wrong in the ICAP on the wire handling.

Eliezer Croitoru