[squid-dev] Moved PID file management from Coordinator to Master

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Mar 7 23:17:14 UTC 2015

I do not understand fully the patch but get the idea and since 3.5.2 is
very stable for the public use as a simple forward proxy with ICAP and
external_acl helpers it seems to that this patch will add for the
stability of the 3.5 branch.

I had a scenario of a development server testing which I needed to
wait\kill couple times while not knowing how long it would take for the
squid different instances to shutdown, and pgrep or "ps aux|grep squid"
should not be something that will monitor squid.

So:
+ 1

Eliezer