[squid-dev] Moved PID file management from Coordinator to Master

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Mar 6 18:38:20 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 05:03 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 22/01/2015 12:57 a.m., Tsantilas Christos wrote:
>
>> I am posting a new patch.
>
>> This patch include fixes to follow Squid Coding Style but also have
>> a fix for a small bug: In the previous patches I posted the pid
>> creation done by master process but the pid file was not removed by
>> master process. This patch fixes master process to remove pid file
>> on exit.
>

> +1.

Amos,

    This patch went into trunk (r13867 and r13868). Do you plan on
merging it (together with the pending "start workers as root" follow up)
into v3.5 branch? It is your call, of course, but it is essentially a
bug fix (SMP Squid does not restart reliably on busy servers without
these changes). We can provide a v3.5-specific [combined] patch if that
will make a positive decision easier for you.