[squid-dev] Injecting custom JavaScript

James Hunter james.hunter at jartechnologies.com
Thu Jun 18 11:42:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've been looking to inject special JavaScript code into every HTML page
my squid proxy receives via HTTPS connections, this is for an
application where the users will be fully aware of the injection.

I've correctly configured Squid to do the SSL Bump, having verified in
WireShark that the two sides are communicating via separate connections.

Can someone point out where the plain HTTP / TCP request flows through
squid, after it's deciphered by one side - but before it's encrypted for
the other? I want to scan the buffer's to find any <BODY> tags and
ensure that the script is inserted.

Many thanks,

James