[squid-dev] squid 3.5 is shutting down automatically after some time

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jul 27 23:29:13 UTC 2015

On 27/07/2015 7:31 p.m., vivek singh wrote:
> in event viewers below errors are observed
> 1) Faulting application updater_squid.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp
> 0x54e3c609, faulting module MSVCP120.dll, version 6.0.6002.19346, time
> stamp 0x55023e3e, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset
> 0x00000000000b6f68, process id 0x1b9c, application start time
> 0x01d0c8374f327f4b

updater_squid.exe appears to be part of the Diladele packaging for their
Windows CygWin build of Squid. Please contact them about it.

Good starting point is probably through one of these:
  <http://squid.diladele.com/>
  <https://github.com/diladele/squid3-windows/>

> 2) [SID: 28239] System Infected: Fake Plugin Activity 2 attack blocked.
> Traffic has been blocked for this application:
> \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\SQUID\BIN\SQUID.EXE
>
> 3) The description for Event ID 0 from source squid cannot be found. Either
> the component that raises this event is not installed on your local
> computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the
> component on the local computer.

Looks to me like whatever you are using for an AV system is not liking
the squid.exe binary.

HTH