[squid-dev] Moved PID file management from Coordinator to Master

Tsantilas Christos chtsanti at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 19 18:52:39 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 05:51 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Hmm, okay. Then I have no problem per-se to this change of esponsibility.
>
> I do still think the coordinator needs to remain active until last out
> of the kids though, so they can still use it to coordinate during
> their shutdowns. Having it be the first up and last down would solve a
> few architectural problems where kids need to to collaborate on
> things, like log rotations or broadcasting their availability.

I am not sure we are able to build something simple if we try to
implement it.

The easier way is to delay sending the kill signal to coordinator until
all other kids has exited.  The coordinator process in this case should
exit immediately after the kill signal received.

Or we can just delay sending kill signal to coordinator process for 1
second. This is will give it enough time to exit later that the other kids.

The type of kids is not known by the master process. But I suppose we
can find it using the kid name.

Any ideas?