[squid-dev] Digest related question.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Feb 23 18:16:27 UTC 2015

On 23/02/2015 12:27, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Only if the upstream server delivers Content-MD5 or similar in the
> response headers (*not*  ETag). HEAD or HTCP query should then return it.

I was trying to work with HTCP couple years ago and it seems like I have
forgotten about the work with it and it seems like the better choice.

If ETag was standardized I would have tried to use it but since it is
different in each and every one of Fedora download mirrors I cannot use it.

My first step would be to find a http service which actually implements
Link or other Digest related headers.
If you have some service in mind I will be glad to see it.

Eliezer