[squid-dev] 3.5.1 ssl configure issue.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Feb 11 13:38:35 UTC 2015

Hey,

I have tried to compile 3.5.1 for testing and it seems that compared to
3.4.10 it doesn't recognizes openssl libs or something similar.
The build node is ubuntu 14.04.1 updated couple weeks ago.
The error I get from squid 3.5.1 configure is:
"configure: error: You need to enable ssl gatewaying support to use
ssl_crtd feature. Try to use --with-openssl."

Detailed configure output for 3.4.10 and 3.5.1 at:
http://www1.ngtech.co.il/squid/configure_output/

The configure options are the same with different prefix for each version:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid-3.4.10 --enable-icap-client
--enable-linux-netfilter --enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd --enable-auth

 From the 3.5.1 build I noticed "configure: OpenSSL library support: no"
which is not the same as in 3.4.10.

I am pretty sure there were changes that caused it but first I wanted to
make sure it's known and later take care of it.

Smells to me like a bug, right?

Eliezer