[squid-dev] Why squid would not allow non encrypted "https://" in a request?

Kinkie gkinkie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:35:12 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov at measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/2015 09:08 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>
>> There was probably an issue with the network connectivity while I was
>> testing since it works now.
>

> Yes, Squid supports this. AFAIK, this feature is used in production
> environments, with client SSL certificate-based authentication.
>
> AFAIK, recent Firefox and Chrome releases support HTTPS proxies, but your
> need a PAC file to configure Firefox (not sure about Chrome). I hope Curl
> will support HTTPS proxies soon as well:
>   https://github.com/bagder/curl/pull/305

I've tested it working OK with Chrome via return "HTTPS proxy:port"
pacfile syntax.
I was not able to test it with Firefox, nor to achieve client
certificate-based access control.
Any success story (and configuration snippet) is highly welcome :)

  Kinkie