[squid-dev] [RFC] on_crash

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Wed Dec 9 23:38:24 UTC 2015

On 12/09/2015 09:20 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 12/09/2015 02:28 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> The above
>> considerations are all good reasons for us not to be bundling by default
>> IMO.
>
> I agree.
>
> Alex.

I did not get what the script does, does it call gdb ?

A script/executable that calls gdb and produces a readable stack trace of all squid processes is a powerful tool which makes debugging an issue much easier for many admins.
So I suggest to release the binaries and scripts that you have, install them by default in a new subdirectory, e.g. .../debugbin or .../sbin/debug, and _not_ configure them in the default squid.conf
to prevent them being used accidentally.

If you do not want to bundle, then what is the alternative?
Make a download area on squid-cache.org for the binaries and scripts ?

Marcus