[squid-dev] bootstrap_libtoolize: why remove COPYING.LIB?

Kinkie gkinkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:11:14 UTC 2015

Hi,
  I fail to understand the reason for this section of code in bootstrap.sh

----
8892.1.1  roussko |
                  |     # customize generated libltdl, if any
10191     squid3@ |     if test -d libltdl
8892.1.1  roussko |     then
                  |         src=libltdl
                  |
                  |         # do not bundle with the huge standard license
text
9926      squid3@ |         rm -f $src/COPYING.LIB
8892.1.1  roussko |         makefile=$src/Makefile.in
                  |         sed 's/COPYING.LIB/ /g' $makefile >
$makefile.new;
                  |         chmod u+w $makefile
                  |         mv $makefile.new $makefile
8892.1.30 roussko |         chmod u-w $makefile
8892.1.1  roussko |     fi
----

It comes from a long way back, and at least in my setup (MacOS, automake
1.15, autoconf 2.69, libtool 2.4.6) it's not working: during test-suite
somehow the rules targetting COPYING.LIB get recreated.
It looks like an optimization feature, could we maybe simply drop it and
keep COPYING.LIB around?

Thanks.

--
    Francesco