[squid-dev] find-bad-changes.pl

Kinkie gkinkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:55:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I still believe we need to do these as flag-day in trunk just before
> branching a new version.

Alex' script has lit the proverbial lightbulb. What if we were seeing this
topic from the wrong end?

I understand Alex' point of view that unnecessary changes make maintaining
branches more expensive, but what if these changes could be automated? It'd
be enough to run the same script on trunk and on the branch(es) and the
effort of doing a flag-day change would be next to negligible.
HERE would be a perfect POC for this way of acting.

What do you think guys?

   Kinkie