[squid-dev] Fedora-20 EOL

Kinkie gkinkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 16:50:29 UTC 2015

In fact, this all started when I was told that the kernel currently
shipping in rawhide has a problem where netinet/in.h and linux/in.h are
incompatible, and this breaks our build when netfilter is enabled, because
both get indirectly inlcluded.
IMO rawhide could be : a second-class, nice-to-have citizen for our build
farm to be occasionally updated. Docker makes that easyish (it's docker who
tracks the updates, we would need to rebuild from a Dockerfile occasionally)

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 19/08/2015 3:31 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I do not like rawhide.
> > My basic assumption was that the newest version -1 would be suitable
> > enough for production use.
> >
> > But the update cycle seems too much for most production systems.
>
> Our farm testing use is not just for production systems though. Its also
> to ensure that interoperation problems are found and resolved before
> Squid gets anywhere near those production systems release version.
>
> The tough questions to consider is whether its too hard to follow the
> constant daily flow of updates, or is so volatile as to be unable to
> build trunk regularly.
>
> Amos

    Francesco