[squid-dev] Fedora-20 EOL

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Aug 18 15:45:38 UTC 2015

On 19/08/2015 3:31 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I do not like rawhide.
> My basic assumption was that the newest version -1 would be suitable
> enough for production use.
>
> But the update cycle seems too much for most production systems.

Our farm testing use is not just for production systems though. Its also
to ensure that interoperation problems are found and resolved before
Squid gets anywhere near those production systems release version.

The tough questions to consider is whether its too hard to follow the
constant daily flow of updates, or is so volatile as to be unable to
build trunk regularly.