[squid-dev] How to run the unit tests of Squid?

Tianyin Xu tixu at cs.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 14 07:40:41 UTC 2014

Thanks, Amos!

One more question. I see test-builds.sh tries to run the tests in the
"test-suites" at the top directory. What's the difference between the test
under "src/tests" and "test-suites"?

I'm a little bit confused since you said the tests in "src/tests" contains
all the unit tests.

Also, I can successfully ran make check. But when I checked out the trunk
and ran ./test-builds.sh at the top directory, many tests fail. Is this
normal? (sorry I actually do not understand what "test-suites" does)

Oh, I forget to mention the web page I referred to. Actually I'm referring
to the "tasks needing a volunteer" in the following wiki page,
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CodeTestBed
Are these tasks still alive? Since I'm looking at the tests, I think I can
give a hand.

~t

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

Tianyin XU,